Aqua Expeditions, one of world’s leading luxury river cruise companies, has announced a Safari Odyssey being co-hosted in October 2017 by Aqua Expeditions Founder, Francesco Galli-Zugaro and renowned safari guide Howard Saunders, Founder of the Shackleton & Selous Society.
The 14-day adventure for up to 10 guests will journey into the African wilderness and has been developed with a dual purpose of exploring two iconic rivers of the world, the Congo River and the White Nile, travelling through Namibia, Congo and Uganda.
Guests will experience remote regions, with access allowed only to those few who are intimately familiar with the territory. The trip will incorporate a few days of cycling for those keen to include an active element and provide the opportunity to help pioneer the new but growing tourism in areas such as Odzala in the Congo.
As a long-term fellow of the Shackleton & Sealous Society, and deeply passionate about travel and exploring remote destinations, Francesco was inspired to create this one-off journey by his many trips scouting for future river cruise locations – which so often have turned into unexpected exploratory adventures.
- Exploring the Congo River out of Brazzaville, Republic of Congo
- Seeing Gorillas in the Republic of Congo
- Exploring Murchison Falls National Park and the source of the Nile in Uganda and Lake Albert
- Cycling through Black Rhino country in Namibia & Desert adapted Elephant (support vehicles for non-bikers)
- From the meeting point in Johannesburg or Cape Town all flights in two private planes thus reducing all transfers times to optimise game viewing and excursions
This Safari Odyssey is priced at USD13,530 per person, with internal flights approximately ZAR856,000 (approx. AUD16,300 per person) including:
- Accommodation in best available twin-bedded tent/rooms at full board; all casual meals detailed in the itinerary and all service charges relating to accommodation and meals, alcoholic beverages, bottled mineral water and sodas in camp and on game drives; all park entry, camping and activity fees
- All vehicle running expenses and transportation by 4WD safari vehicle with roof hatches; fully trained crew and Professional Safari Guide exclusively for every vehicle plus daily laundry service
- Two gorilla tracking permits in Odzala
- All flights as described in the itinerary using two Pilatus PC12s
- International flights to and from Africa, airport departure taxes, entry visas, any charges for telephone calls or emails
- Tips and Gratuities
Bookings should be directed to Aqua Expeditions’ Director of Sales & Marketing, Milly Alva Haimberger at email@example.com.