Join the Norfolk Island community on their National Day celebrating the 1856 arrival of the Pitcairn Islanders to begin a new life on Norfolk.
As the descendants of Fletcher Christian and the mutineers of the Mutiny on the Bounty, they invite you to be part of the Bounty Day activities centred around a community re-enactment and picnic.
Special activities during the celebrations will include the Bounty Day parade on 10 June (delayed from actual date of 8 June due to Saturday religious observances) where you will see locals dressed in their Bounty clothes walking from Kingston Pier to the Norfolk Island cemetery. You can also pre-book for a fabulous luncheon to be held afterwards with entertainment located alongside the community picnic.
During your stay you may also like to hit out on the world-heritage listed golf course in the Castaway Bounty Golf Competition or tread the boards with ballroom dancing for all ages from small children to adults and visitors welcome to join the non-competitive dancing section.
The Norfolk Island Travel Centre is offering 7-night Bounty Day Norfolk Island packages including:
- 7 nights’ twin share at Seaview Norfolk Island which offers beautiful views out to neighbouring Phillip Island and is centrally located, a short, flat, walk to the Burnt Pine shopping area with restaurants, cafes, services, and bars
- Return ‘seat and bag’ economy flights with Air New Zealand
- All pre-paid airline taxes
- Meet and Greet at Norfolk Island Airport
- Airport-hotel return transfers
- Daily Continental breakfast
- 7 days’ car hire – petrol additional
- Half day Island Tour
- Complimentary ‘Mini Golf’ and ‘A Walk in the Wild’ and free bonus gift redeemable at The Bounty Centre
- Bonus Norfolk Island discount shopping card
The Bounty Day Norfolk Island package is priced from:
- $1099 per person twin share Brisbane to Norfolk Island return from 8 – 15 June 2019
- $1249 per person twin share Sydney to Norfolk Island return 7 – 14 June 2019
An additional $350 per person applies for single traveller packages