Chiva-Som International Health Resort in Hua Hin, Thailand, has announced that due to the excellent progress of renovation, the resort will reopen its doors on 15th October 2019, ahead of the originally planned date of 1st November 2019. This date will mark the completion of the fourth and final stage of a top-to-toe renovation – the first major works since its inauguration 24 years ago.
Having received excellent feedback in response to the first three stages, which have seen the accommodation and many of the facilities and public areas reworked, this final chapter will see improvements to the Health & Wellness area, the Bathing Pavilion, Niranlada Medi-Spa, and the resort’s seaside restaurant, Taste of Siam. This will complete the refurbishment project and see Chiva-Som welcoming guests again year-round, introducing a brand new era of wellness for the much loved resort. Famed as a pioneer of the wellness industry, guests choose Chiva-Som for its world-class facilities as well as the wellness team’s unparalleled skill and depth of knowledge. The enhanced ‘hardware’ offering is set to seal its status as a global leader.
During the current phase of works, the remaining facilities are being reimagined with Chiva-Som’s new signature interiors, which use teak, Thai silk and bamboo, complemented by a light and airy, calming and contemporary colour palette. The latest work includes changes to the Health & Wellness area, which is being uplifted with more natural light. The Spa and Physiotherapy treatment rooms will be refined and refreshed, including the addition of a new hydrotherapy suite and flotation chamber, whilst the Bathing Pavilion will now incorporate a sunbed area at one end under a glass roof, separate male and female changing rooms plus a brand new hydro pool delivering new hydrotherapy functions. The Niranlada Medi-Spa will welcome a warm, luxurious and relaxing atmosphere, home to the very discreet facial analysis room, various treatment rooms and a make-up room for guests requiring a little extra pampering.
The last of the public areas, the popular Taste of Siam restaurant, is being reconfigured to accommodate additional seaside tables for up to 100 guests. All the Thai and signature international dishes on offer will of course be prepared using the culinary team’s renowned wellness cuisine techniques, to deliver dining that is equally and masterfully packed with flavour and nutrients. The open kitchen will be brought indoors to create a casual, interactive dining experience, whilst an improved layout ensures guests will always enjoy uninterrupted sea views, come rain or shine.
This highly anticipated refurbishment is being overseen by Chairman and CEO of Chiva-Som International Health Resort, Mr. Krip Rojanastien, who together with Designrealization Siam Co. Ltd, one of the world’s most respected architecture firms, has developed a new take on Asia’s much loved classic architecture. The resort may be temporarily closed at present, but the wellness journey is ongoing: Chiva-Som’s dedicated team of specialists continue to share their expert knowledge through a series of short videos and posts on the resort’s E-newsletter, The Wellness Journal, on their Youtube channel and across their social media accounts @ChivaSomResort. The resort will continue with its key community activities throughout the closure, which include the maintenance of Hua Hin’s Krailart Niwate mangrove ecosystem, as well as visiting and providing goods and treatments to local communities.
An innovator since its inception in 1995, the modern, fresh incarnation of Chiva-Som International Health Resort will continue to provide an unprecedented approach to health and wellness for many years to come.
Be the first to experience Chiva-Som’s new era with an exclusive offer to celebrate our early reopening on 15th October 2019 and receive the following:
· Save up to THB 11,500* per person per night (Approx. AU $536 per person per night)
· A wellness voucher of THB 1,000 per person per night (Approx. AU $47 per person per night)
Terms and Conditions
· *Amount shown is dependent on room type and number of guests
· Bookings under this promotion must be made by 30th September 2019 and require a minimum of 50% non-refundable prepayment
· Special rates and benefits only apply to stay dates in the period of 15th – 31st October 2019
· Normal rates will apply for refundable bookings
· This offer applies to retreat bookings only
· All other resort terms and conditions apply
· Please refer to rate code ‘NEWERA2019’ when making eligible bookings
For Chiva-Som bookings in Australia contact your travel agent or a Chiva-Som Specialist on 1300 857 437.
For bookings outside of Australia contact your travel agent or a Chiva-Som Specialist on +61 2 8296 7077.
Chiva-Som Hua Hin is Asia’s first comprehensive wellness resort, providing proven transformations towards optimal wellness. Nestled in seven acres of tranquil grounds, it’s a beachfront resort dedicated to revitalising the mind, body and spirit (represented by its tri-part logo). Western practices and Eastern philosophies are brought together in the wellness resort which provides services for guests to develop healthy habits and lifestyle transformations; it has been recognised by readers and industry experts alike as one of the outstanding wellness resorts in the world for since its launch 24 years ago.
The Resort is committed to operating at the world’s highest environmental standards in all levels of operation. Since its launch, the Resort has been dedicated to operating as ethically and sustainably as possible. Their dedicated CSR team has implemented many initiatives, policies and practices for energy efficiency and conservation, waste water treatment and reuse, fresh water conservation, waste minimisation and recycling, air quality management and environmentally friendly product usage.
A few other recent awards include:
- ‘Best Coastal Operation’- Travel Daily 2019 Travel & Tourism Sustainability Awards (Australia)
- ‘1st in Best Spa’- Traveler’s World Magazine 2019 (Germany)
- ‘Top ranked Asian Spa in Top 20 Destination Spas’- Conde Nast Traveler The Readers’ Travel Awards 2018 (UK)
- ‘Top 5 Favourite Destination Spa’- Condé Nast Traveler Reader’s Travel Awards 2018 (India)
- ‘Thailand’s Best Wellness Retreat 2018’- World Spa Awards (UK)
- ‘#13 of Top 25 in Asia, Best 100 Spa List’- Condé Nast Traveler (China)
- ‘Green Era For Sustainability Award’- Otherways Association Management & Consulting Awards 2017
- ‘Medi Spa of the year’ - Asia Spa Awards 2017
- ‘Outstanding Wellness Spa Destination in Thailand’ - Asian Lifestyle Tourism Awards 2017
- ‘Top 6 of the Best Overseas Luxury Health and Wellness Property 2017 (1st Runner up)’ - Luxury Travel Award (Australia)
- ‘Best Global Wellness Resort of the Year’ - Spa China Awards 2017
The beachfront resort is located in the town of Hua Hin, which lies 185 km south of the capital of Bangkok. It can be reached by car in under three hours, private plane in 25 minutes from Bangkok and chartered helicopter in 40 minutes from Bangkok.