Chiva-Som has unveiled its newly renovated Ocean Rooms and Suites in the north, central and south wings of this pioneering and acclaimed Thailand health and wellness resort situated in Hua Hin, 185 km south of Bangkok.
The improvements provide a truly elegant wellness retreat experience, beyond the world-class treatment quality and comfort for which Chiva-Som is recognised throughout the world.
The newly-upgraded Ocean Rooms and Suites are now Thai-contemporary and more spacious, presenting the ultimate in aesthetic and eco-friendly serenity.
With plenty of extra space in the bathroom and dressing room areas, the redecorated interiors bring together the best in luxury and wellbeing.
Innovative use of Thai Teak, silk and bamboo, together with hidden mood lighting and sensor lighting systems, create a calming effect whilst maintaining the resort’s signature Thai tranquillity.
This highly anticipated renovation, implemented under the direction of renowned architectural company, Designrealization Siam, allows for a much fresher and more comfortable experience for guests throughout their stay.
The improvements extend to nearly all in-room accessories, including new Chiva-Som guest robes and stationery as well as sleep spray and a take-home bag.
Sustainable, energy-efficient design has always been a guiding principle at Chiva-Som and the new rooms and suites have accordingly been completed with LEED standards in mind for environmental friendliness.
The new-look Ocean Rooms and Suites feature an elegant colour palette to enhance the wellness experience, while rich fabrics and natural trimmings add a lovely texture in soothing wood tones.
A selection of abstract artwork brings a warm and harmonious backdrop to the ambience of each room.
The Ocean Rooms and Suites at Chiva-Som are graced with seating areas on the balconies and terraces for guests to enjoy the outdoors in a state of peace and seclusion.
Each room and suite also features full floor-to-ceiling windows to provide guests with a truly immersive nature experience.
Chiva-Som General Manager, Sheila McCann said the new design maintained the spirit of relaxation that makes the resort so special for those seeking wellness.
“We listened carefully to our guest feedback and included this in the design brief so we are delighted that guest response to the improvements has been overwhelmingly positive and enthusiastic,” Ms McCann said.
Chiva-Som is Asia’s first comprehensive wellness retreat and destination spa, providing an integrated and collaborative approach to transformations in mind, body and spirit towards optimal wellness.
It can be reached by car in under three hours, private plane in 25 minutes from Bangkok and chartered helicopter in 40 minutes from Bangkok.
Nestled in seven acres of tranquil grounds, Chiva-Som is the ‘Haven of Life’ – a beachfront health and wellness resort dedicated to revitalising the mind, body and spirit (represented by its tri-part logo).
Western practices and Eastern philosophies are brought together in a destination resort which provides services for guests to develop healthy habits and lifestyle transformation.
Since its launch, Chiva-Som has been dedicated to operating as ethically and sustainably as possible.
The dedicated CSR team has implemented many initiatives, policies and practices for energy efficiency and conservation, waste water treatment and reuse, fresh water conservation, waste minimisation and recycling, air quality management and environmentally friendly product usage.
The resort is a recipient of the prestigious Green Globe certification recognising Chiva-Som’s commitment to the world’s highest environmental standards in all levels of operation.
In 2016, Chiva-Som also received the following awards and accolades:
- ‘The World’s Best Destination Spa’ - Condé Nast Traveller Readers’ Travel Awards 2016 (UK)
- ‘The Best Overseas Hotel (Top 10)’ - Voyage Magazine’s 2016 Best Value Awards (China)
- ‘Asia’s Best Wellness Retreat 2016’ and ‘Thailand’s Best Wellness Retreat 2016’ - World Spa Awards 2016 (UK)
- ‘The Best Overseas Hotel (Top 10)’ ‘Best International Small Hotel’ and ‘Best International Spa Hotel’- International Hotel Awards 2016
- ‘Best Wellness Spa + Health Management Resorts around the World’ - Condé Nast Traveller Reader’s Choice Awards 2016 (China)
- ‘Best Luxury Wellness Resort, Thailand’ - Global Brands Magazine Awards 2016
Rates at Chiva-Som range from AUD3296 per person twin share for a minimum 5-night stay including:
- 5 nights’ accommodation in a stunning Ocean Room
- Health & Wellness Consultation on arrival (60 min)
- Three spa cuisine meals each day (commencing with dinner on evening of arrival)
- Physical analysis (25 min) and Skin Consultation if required
- Use of Water Therapy Suites (Steam, Sauna, Jacuzzi)
- Daily fitness and leisure activities (8 classes per day)
- 1 daily treatment per person per night of stay from a choice of:
- Thai Massage (50 min)
- Chiva-Som Massage (50 min)
- Invigorating Massage (50 min)
- Relaxing Foot Massage (50 min)
- Oriental Scalp Massage (40 min)
- Chiva-Som Skin Haven Boyd Polish (25 min)
This 5-night experience includes a choice of at least two additional treatments which guests would normally be offered only on a 7-night stay.
For bookings, contact a Chiva-Som Specialist on 1300 857 437 or email email@example.com and quote Wellness Plus to receive the additional treatments.