The volcanic island of Ischia, off the coast of southern Italy, is garnering much attention of late and not just for its spectacular scenery. The ‘Green Island’, as nicknamed by locals, forms part of the backdrop for HBO’s recent critically-acclaimed series “My Brilliant Friend” based on the much-loved Elena Ferrante novel.
Fans of the novel turned TV show will delight in the new ‘Places of Elena Ferrante’ package offered by Garden & Villas Resort when the resort reopens for summer in April 2019.
Using Garden & Villas Resort as a base, this package will transport fans to the real-life locations of Ischia Porto, Ischia Ponte, the Maronti beach and Citara where the lives of characters Lila, Lenù, Dino and Donato Sarratore are forever changed. Guests will also receive a full day pass to the Poseidon Gardens where they can dip their toe in the many thermal pools that give Ischia its moniker of ‘The thermal capital of Europe’.
A list of all package inclusions is below:
- 1 guided tour of Ischia (per person) by private car to discover the places of the novel: Ischia Porto, Ischia Ponte, the Maronti beach and Citara where the Poseidon Gardens are located.
- 1 full-day admission to the Poseidon Gardens (per person) with pools of thermal waters at various temperatures, private beach, unspoiled nature and marvellous terraces on the sea. In case of bad weather conditions, this can be replaced with a dinner at the "Il Corbezzolo" restaurant of the Garden & Villas Resort.
- Buffet breakfast
- Wellness centre with fitness area, an indoor thermal pool and Turkish bath
- semi-Olympic outdoor pool and terrace equipped with sun-beds with towels provided
- Free Wi-Fi internet connection
- Mini-bar with complimentary soft drinks
- The possibility of private beach through a supplement.
- Check in from 14.00
- Check out before 11.00
Prices start from € 390.00 per person. Subject to availability and conditions apply.
Getting to Ischia:
Ischia is a 90-minute ferry ride from Naples departing Calata di Porta di Massa to Ischia Porto and Casamicciola Terme. A quicker option is the ferry in Pozzuoli, which is closer to Ischia, or one of the hydrofoils departing from Molo Beverello in Naples to Ischia, Casamicciola and Forio.
For bookings visit www.gardenvillasresort.it/en.
Images can be downloaded here.