A special week-long event in March 2020 will commemorate the 230th anniversary of the wrecking of First Fleet flagship, HMS Sirius on Norfolk Island on 17 March 1790.
This will be a significant anniversary in Australia’s history with the week’s activities on Norfolk Island to provide a fascinating insight into the nation’s convict, First Fleet and maritime ancestry whilst showcasing many more fabulous experiences to be enjoyed in and around this beautiful holiday setting.
Guest presenter Graham Seal, author of Great Convict Stories and Professor of Folklore at Curtin University, will spotlight many extraordinary happenings and convicts, including those who lived through this tumultuous event, whilst history and folk specialists, Don and Sue Brian, will relate stories, songs and poems of convicts, whalers and others they have collected from this period.
The 7-night HMS Sirius 230th Anniversary on Norfolk Island package is priced from $1799 per person twin share ex-Brisbane (14 – 21 March 2020) and $1859 per person twin share ex-Sydney (15 – 22 March or 16 – 23 March 2020) including:
- Return ‘seat + bag’ economy airfare to Norfolk Island and airline taxes
- Meet and greet on arrival
- Return Norfolk Island airport transfers
- 7 nights’ twin share accommodation
- 7 days’ car hire
- Complimentary ‘Mini Golf’ and ‘A Walk in the Wild’
- Bonus gift redeemable at The Bounty Centre
- Bonus Norfolk Island discount shopping card
- Anniversary event components
- Welcome dinner with guest speaker, Graham Seal
- Four workshops
- 19 March event and waterfront luncheon
- HMS Sirius museum tour
- Norfolk Island four Museum Pass including two Tag-A-Long tours
- Farewell fish fry
Travel agents are now invited to book their clients to this event by contacting Maria Massey at Norfolk Island Travel Centre at email@example.com Agents can be provided with a flyer including space for business stamp.