Enjoy a very special Norfolk Island holiday with a twist and lots of laughs when the Melbourne International Comedy Festival Roadshow rolls into town on 3 August.
Five of the Festival’s most loved and fantastically funny comedians from Australia and New Zealand have packed their bags and are island-bound for a fun-filled evening of great entertainment at this fabulous setting in the South Pacific.
Get ready for belly-laughs galore with an all-star cast featuring:
Urzila Carlson – A multi award winning stand-up comedian, Urzila is a TV regular on Australia’s Have You Been Paying Attention and New Zealand’s 7 Days, Super City and Road Madness. She has also appeared on Spicks and Specks, Dirty Laundry, The Great Debate, and ABC’s Comedy Up Late, and was the host of the Melbourne International Comedy Festival’s Opening Night Comedy Allstars Supershow earlier this year. Urzila’s natural cheeky, straight up style will have everyone eating out of her hand.
Bob Franklin – Stand-up comic, writer, director and actor Bob was a recipient of the Melbourne International Comedy Festival Comic’s Choice award, the Piece of Wood Award, and also received the Sunday Age Best Comedy Show of the Year Award. Bob’s television and film work includes Jack Irish, The Last Confession of Alexander Pearce, Bad Eggs, The Librarians, Stupid, Stupid Man, Please Like Me and Thank God You’re Here. Bob has written and directed two short suspense films, two recent episodes of Little Lunch for ABC TV and Lano & Woodley’s stage show, Fly.
Xavier Michelides - An active writer and stand-up comic, Xavier has travelled to each corner of the country, performing at every club, pub, watering hole, cruise line, tent and stage. Xavier is currently a writer on Network Ten’s The Project and has previously worked on Good News Week, You’re Skitting Me and Dafuq. Xavier has also appeared on television programs including ROVE Live, Stand Up @ Bella Union and ABC’s Comedy Up Late.
Mel Buttle – Mel is a hilarious bundle of contradictions and a package that is rapidly making herself felt in all mediums, right across the country. She has been heard across Australia’s airwaves with Mel’s Strongly Worded Letters on triple j’s Breakfast with Tom and Alex and as a guest on ABC Radio Brisbane. Mel’s TV work includes co-hosting’s Foxtel’s The Great Australian Bake Off and appearances on Network Ten’s The Project and as a regular guest on This Week Live, ABC TV’s Tractor Monkeys, Back Seat Drivers and The Weekly with Charlie Pickering.
Dane Simpson - One of Australia’s rapidly rising stars, Dane has toured comedy shows across Australia. Dane’s TV credits include ABC’s Comedy Up Late, Melbourne International Comedy Festival Gala and Network Ten’s Have You Been Paying Attention. Dane starred in the hit sold out stand-up comedy show, Aborigi-LOL, in 2018 toured Western Australia with his variety show, Great Danes, and in 2019 performed his first solo show Origins at the Melbourne International Comedy Festival.
The Norfolk Island Travel Centre has announced a 3-night and 7-night Norfolk Island Melbourne International Comedy Festival Roadshow packages including:
- Return Air New Zealand economy class ‘seat plus bag’ airfare to Norfolk Island
- All pre-paid airline taxes
- Meet and greet at Norfolk Island airport
- Return airport transfers on Norfolk Island
- 3 or 7 nights’ twin share accommodation
- 3 or 7 days’ car hire (petrol additional and payable direct)
- Ticket entry to Melbourne International Comedy Festival Roadshow on 3 August
- Complimentary cocktail at Black Anchor Bar
- 10% discount on main meal at Castaway Hotel (excluding Friday night pizzas, small plates and beverages)
- Complimentary Miniature Golf
- Complimentary A Walk in the Wild rainforest walk plus bonus gift redeemable at The Bounty Centre
- Bonus Norfolk Island discount shopping card
The package is priced from:
- $1199 per person twin share ex-Sydney 2 – 5 August 2019 (3 nights)
- $1299 per person twin share ex-Sydney 2 – 9 August 2019 (7 nights)
- $1229 per person twin share ex-Brisbane 3 - 6 August 2019 (3 nights)
- $1379 per person twin share ex-Brisbane 3 – 10 August 2019 (7 nights)
For Norfolk Island Melbourne International Comedy Festival Roadshow packages, contact Christan Davies at Norfolk Island Travel Centre on Toll Free 1800 1400 66 or email@example.com orhttps://www.norfolkislandtravelcentre.com/events/melbourne-international-comedy-festival-roadshow-on-norfolk-island