13 - 25 October 2019
Delhi – Varanasi – Agra – Jaipur – Udaipur – Mumbai
From Mumbai's dabbawallas and Old Delhi's markets, to the Taj Mahal and lavish Taj Hotels, Spencer Travel has announced an exclusive 12-day Spencer Gems India journey to be hosted from 13 – 25 October 2019.
This fully-escorted luxury exploration of fascinating India for just 20 people is a collaboration between renowned Sydney travel agency, Spencer Travel; luxury tour operator, Peirce & Leslie; and acclaimed Taj Hotels.
"Our custom-designed and luxurious small-group excursion to India is our second Spencer Gems journey," said Spencer Travel Managing Director, Penny Spencer.
"In October 2018, we escorted a wonderful small group to Mexico and Cuba. We’re confident we have the Spencer Gems journey ingredients just right and we look forward to showcasing them again in India," added Ms Spencer.
Spencer Gems journeys are all about genuine experiences in some of the world's most exciting destinations with plenty of creature comforts, luxury touches and down-time.
All 12 nights of the Spencer Gems India journey will be spent at a luxury Taj hotel including the legendary Taj Lake Palace in Udaipur and Taj Rambagh Palace in Jaipur.
Originally built in 1835, Rambagh Palace has been home to a queen’s favourite handmaiden, a royal guesthouse and hunting lodge, and later as the residence of the Maharaja Sawai Man Singh II and his queen, Maharani Gayatri Devi.
Most meals are included in the trip price and feature a number of unique culinary experiences, a meal served at a local noble family house in Jaipur and lunch at the famed The Bombay Canteen.
There is also a lunchtime visit to a Langar - a community kitchen that produces huge volumes of curry for visiting pilgrims and anybody looking for a hot meal. Spencer Gems guests may like to serve the food themselves or help in the kitchen making rotis.
Guests are met and escorted by Spencer Gems staff every step of the journey including at airports when they are welcomed by a representative and assisted with arrival formalities.
Other Spencer Gems India journey experiences include:
- Sunrise and sunset visits to the astonishing Taj Mahal, Agra.
- A cycle rickshaw ride through the narrow lanes of the 300-year-old Chandni Chowk market in Old Delhi.
- A visit to Sarnath, a short distance from Varanasi city - where The Buddha, in 500 BC, gave his first sermon after gaining enlightenment.
- Sailing upstream on the Ganges river from Varanasi to Dashashwamedh Ghat in time for the evening 'aarti' ceremony, when priests perform the rituals to put the river gods to sleep and to ward off evil.
- In Udaipur, taking a private boat cruise with cocktails on a Gangaur boat - an antique Royal barge of the house of Mewar.
- From Mumbai, heading to Churchgate Station to see the famed dabbawallas or ‘lunch box carriers’ in action. Some 5000 dabbawallas collect and deliver 175,000 lunches every day, then return the empty tiffins. Their error rate is fewer than four in every million transactions. Not surprisingly, the dabbawallas have been the subject of many studies and scholarly articles.
- Watching Mumbai come to life on a morning tour that takes in the city's clamorous and chaotic docks, as well as seeing milkmen, bakers and newspaper delivery men in action.
- Forts and palaces - including the remarkable City Palace in Udaipur, cultural and architectural gems, temples and astronomical observatories, bazaars and authentic local experiences.
The Spencer Gems India journey from 13 - 25 October 2019 is priced from $11,649 per person (land only).
For more information and bookings please contact email@example.com or call Spencer Travel on (02) 9281 5477.