The Taste Norfolk Island Food Festival will be served up again at the popular Australian holiday destination in 2017 with appetites at the ready for the fourth hosting of this fun event on the culinary calendar.
Taste Norfolk Island is on from 27 November to 1 December again showcasing the best of talented local chefs, cooks, eateries, artisans and primary producers in a host of stunning settings.
Norfolk Island has grown to be a food-lover's destination with fresh fish, succulent beef and pork, fruit and vegetables picked daily, boutique products including artisan cheese, honey, handmade chocolates and a winery plus more on the island’s doorstep to offer a true paddock to plate experience.
The local community, which brings forth generations of passion and resourcefulness, will present menus representing an amazing blend of cultures and pass on some of their tips and secrets on the creation of the many and varied dishes to be enjoyed throughout the
Festival guests will also sit down to a spectacular Thanksgiving Day Feast celebrating the tradition passed down over generations by the island’s Pitcairn and American Whaler ancestors.
Burnt Pine Travel is offering a Taste Norfolk Island Food Festival package featuring a bonus two additional Festival options and a VIP gift bag offering locally produced presents and souvenirs.
The 7-night package is priced per person twin share from $1845 ex-Sydney and $1810
ex-Brisbane and includes:
- Twin share accommodation
- Return economy airfare with Air New Zealand including taxes
- Return airport transfers on island
- Car hire throughout stay including insurance
- Welcome cocktail evening
- Taste Norfolk’s Bounty Festival night
- Thanksgiving Day lunch
- Sunset Cinema and Little Eat Street
- VIP gift bag
- Choice of two of the following complimentary Festival options
- Norfolk Blue & 100 acre farm walking tour
- Blue Kingfisher cooking with fresh fish and produce
- Seriously Chocolate fun chocolate-making class
- Norfolk Blue gourmet sausage-making class
- Pods Pickle Factor tour of island home and tasting of local delicacies
- Culinary Journey cooking in a traditional underground oven
- The Barn tour of market and kitchen gardens with food tasting
For bookings, contact Burnt Pine Travel on Toll Free 1800 501 128 or www.burntpinetravel.com.au
Norfolk Island is long-regarded as a wonderful place to holiday with family and friends or escape with a loved one. In addition to fabulous culinary experiences, countless activities include swimming, fishing, snorkelling, kayaking, surfing, cycling and bushwalking. There are glass bottom boat tours and ocean trips to Phillip Island, and attractions including Fletcher’s Mutiny Cyclorama. A further attraction of historical significance is the World Heritage listed Kingston and Arthurs Vale Historic Area, the oldest of the eleven Australian penal colonies.