The Tourism Council of Bhutan conducted a successful series of Bhutan Roadshows in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane during January.
Travel industry partners in each city were invited to meet with a VIP government delegation from Bhutan and locally-based Bhutan tourism operators, including COMO Uma Bhutan, Taj Tashi and Gangtey Lodge, to discuss opportunities for increasing Australian travel to this popular holiday destination – which already draws many visitors from this market each year.
The VIP delegation was headed by His Excellency, Hon'ble Minister Lekey Dorji, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Vice Chairman of the Tourism Council of Bhutan accompanied by Hon'ble Dasho Kinzang Wangdi, Secretary, Cabinet Secretariat; Hon'ble Dasho Sonam Topgay, Secretary, Ministry of Home and Cultural Affairs; Dasho Kesang Wangdi, Director General, Department of Bilateral Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs; Mrs. Chhimmy Pem, Director, Tourism Council of Bhutan and other Bhutan officials. The Sydney event was also attended by Sydney-based Honorary Consul General for Bhutan, Catherine Harris.
Much of the focus for discussion at the Bhutan Roadshows was on the Australia Friendship Offer for Australians visiting this stunning destination from 1 June to 31 August 2018.
This exclusive offer from the Royal Government of Bhutan is in commemoration marking of 15 years of diplomatic relations between the Kingdom of Bhutan and Australia.
The Bhutan – Australia Friendship Offer is based on the following:
- Visitors may choose not to pay the all-inclusive mandatory minimum daily package
rate of USD200 per person per night. Instead, visitors will pay only the government
Sustainable Development Fee of USD65 per person per night.
- Visitors can avail discounted fare on airlines.
- Visitors can avail up to 50% discounts in partnering hotels.
- Visitors have flexibility/choice of services.
- Visitors do not have to pay the surcharge of USD40 per person per night and USD30
each for two persons.
- A special airport reception will be held on arrival of the first group.
Terms and Conditions:
- Valid for travel from 1 June to 31 August 2018.
- Available to Australian nationals only.
- One-time visa fee of USD40 is applicable.
For more information, contact your preferred Bhutan wholesaler or visit www.tourism.gov.bt